Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Late Nights

Your parents tell you not to stay up late. They say it's bad for you, that it'll affect your performance, in school, work, life, goals, maybe even goals they've have for you opposed to the goals you've set for yourself., and yea they're probably right.
Despite the after-affects, for me, staying up late is a paradox. There's no one to talk or listen to and I'm probably physically half asleep, but my mind is racing more than ever. I feel motivated and empowered to do anything in the world. At 2 am you'll find me completing an entire project in twenty minutes well enough to earn a decent A. You'll find me writing and thinking and learning and searching, but about and for what? The future, the past, right now, what is and what isn't and what will be and may be. In the middle of the night, I absorb information like a sponge and can spit out information I didn't even know I knew! Radically creative thought processes take over and make me wonder if I'm still the same person I was before the clock struck midnight. Like, did I really just say the word "radically"? I bet Edison found that one component at 2 am, or maybe that's when he thought "Hey, it'd be cool to have a portable bulb of light". Well it really is 2 am and it's going to take alot of caffeine to get me through the day tomorrow, oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment